It’s been raining here in Connecticut ever since I returned from sunny Los Angeles. Nothing can cure the rainy day blues than delving into a fantastic new novel (with a cup of tea), so I decided to give myself a challenge this summer and attempt to read ten books.
I wanted a good variety so I chose a few classics (Hemmingway, Fitzgerald), inspirational stories (the story of TOMS founder, Blake Mycoskie, and Miranda’s Kerr’s affirmations book), and adventure (Tiger Lily, Willfull Creatures).
And because I don’t think books should always be taken so seriously, I included a few “junk food” reads like Catching Fire, and I Was Told There’d Be Cake.
I deliberately left the tenth spot empty. I’d like to read a thriller of some kind, but, haven’t made a solid choice of which one yet. So, fellow readers out there, what should my final book be? And, what are you planning on reading this summer? Let me know in the comments!
Tiger Lily, Jodi Lynn Anderson
- The Old Man and the Sea, Ernest Hemmingway
- Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins
- Fox 8, George Saunders
- I Was Told There’d Be Cake: Essays, Sloane Crosley
- The Beautiful and Damned, F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Start Something That Matters, Blake Mycoskie
- Treasure Yourself, Miranda Kerr
- Willfull Creatures, Aimee Bender