1. This first and only time I’ve ever eaten at a Sizzler was in Korea.
2. My last name, Zammit, is a Maltese name (probably why you don’t meet too many of us) and means friendship.
3. However, a recent DNA test (from ConnectMyDNA.com) reported my heritage as Swedish and Irish.
4. I like desserts, but I cannot eat sweet things for breakfast (except for fresh fruit).
5. I was at least 16 or 17 years old before I was aware that live shrimp do not look like shrimp cocktail.
6. I managed to get through my entire childhood and teens years without breaking a bone, but swiftly broke my fifth metatarsal at age 20.
7. Since college, I’ve gone vegetarian a few times. Right now, I’m an omnivore, but I try to eat a plant based diet with meat as a “sometimes” food.
8. My first byline was a New York City top ten list in AAA Traveler Magazine. See it here.
9. I have extremely vivid dreams and they often involve random people from my past (ex. some of my high school classmates).
10. While I was a lifeguard at Disney, I actually got to save a few kids (and, most recently at the aquarium).